This policy describes the information we process to support Adventist Youth Network Connect and other products and features offered AYNet. Adventist Youth Network’s privacy policies explain how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when you use our Services. By using our Services, you agree that Adventist Youth Network can use such data in accordance with our privacy policies.
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the Republic of Ghana and any other Copyright Act within the country of operation of the Adventist Youth Network.
Some of our Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.
When you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give Adventist Youth Network (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing you have added to Adventist Youth Network Connect). Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service. Also, in some of our Services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.
Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection. This analysis occurs as the content is sent, received, and when it is stored.
If you have an Adventist Youth Network Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Adventist Youth Network or on third-party applications connected to your Adventist Youth Network Account (such as +1’s, reviews you write and comments you post) in our Services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Adventist Youth Network Connect Account. For example, you can choose your settings so your name and photo do not appear in an ad.
What Kind of Information do we collect?
To provide the best Adventist Youth Network, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our products and services.
Personal data refers to any information that tells us something about you or that we can link to you. We process the following categories of information:
- Information You Give to Us.
We collect your personal information you provide to us including when you: watch a video, enquire our services, register to use and/or use any of our services and when you communicate with us through e-mail, the Website or portal, or any other electronic means.
Such information may include; user’s first name and last name, gender, e-mail address, username, password, photograph, etc.;
- Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Website.
We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you watch a video on the Website, read a magazine, interact with other users, visit a website that we our advertising services or view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
· Things You and Others do and provide
We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Products, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others.
1. Networks and connections.
We collect information about the people, pages, accounts, hashtags and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Products, such as people you communicate with the most or groups you are part of.
2. Your usage.
We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the types of content you view or engage with; the features you use; the actions you take; the people or accounts you interact with; and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
3. Device Information
We collect information from and about the computers, phones, connected TVs and other web-connected devices you use that integrate with our service, and we combine this information across different devices you use.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Website, to protect us and our users and to comply with our legal obligations. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
Provide, Improve, and Develop the Network.
- Enable you to access and use the Website.
- Enable you to communicate with other users.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Website, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- To operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Website, and personalize and customize your experience, we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Website, your search and viewing history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the Website.
We process this information as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and given our legitimate interest in improving the Website and our users’ experience with it and with your consent where required.
Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Website).
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising.
- Conduct profiling based on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Website, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest and with your consent where required. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications or changing your notification settings within your account.
Cookies are text files that are placed by the browser in the memory of a user’s device when our website is visited. Our website uses session cookies and persistent cookies:
Session cookies expire at the end of a browser session. They only enable us to collect and connect the user’s actions during the particular browser session and are deleted when the browser is closed or the user logs off.
Persistent cookies survive a browser session and are stored for a predefined period of time. We are using persistent cookies with the following information and for the following purposes:
- Identifying a registered user; and
- Keeping some search preferences; and
- Saving the video player’s preferences; and
- Displaying the advertisements; and
- Keeping statistics regarding the speed loading of the pages.
The user can disable the cookie function in his browser options. Please see the specific information of the browser used for visiting this website. If cookies are disabled the user might not be able to use all the functions and services of the Website.
Where we transfer, store and process your personal data, we have ensured that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure adequate level of data protection.
We share certain data within our corporate group of companies and with the following groups of recipients:
- Government authorities;
- The General Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Divisions, Unions, Conferences and Local Churches of the SDA Church
- Providers of storage systems;
- IT services providers;
- Providers of services necessary for the performance of our activity (administrative activities, archiving, legal advice, receivables management, etc.)